COLLEGE GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL POLICY
Objective: This policy aims at ensuring a speedy response to grievances and promoting an environment in which there can be a free expression of grievances without fear of discrimination or victimization.
Scope: This policy is applicable to all grievances/complaints submitted to the college grievance committee, Internal Complaints Committee and the anti-ragging cell.
- Only grievances which are complete in all respects and submitted through proper channels to concerned authorities will be considered.
- Only individual grievances of specific nature of students and staff will be considered.
- On receipt of the grievances/complaints the respective committee /cell will scrutinize the same and supporting evidence is sought if required.
- A date will then be fixed for the hearing where both parties involved will be given an opportunity to present their case.
- The committees/cell shall hear all the concerned parties related to the complaint in person individually and /or collectively whatever the requirement of the case may be.
- Concerned committees shall prepare and submit a report of the proceedings and the recommendations for necessary action.
- All committees shall consider redressing of grievances within a reasonable time of 15 working days from the date of the complaint
- Every attempt must be made to mediate between complainant and defendant against whom the complaint has been made so as to ensure an amicable settlement to the issue.
- If a member of the concerned committee has a connection with the parties involved, the concerned member shall not participate in the deliberations regarding that individual’s case.
- In case of frivolous or false complaint the college is authorized to take action against complainant