The college complies with the rules, regulation and guidelines of UGC and University of Mumbai with regards to curbing the menace of ragging.
Prohibition, Prevention and Punishment
The University Grants Commission vide its letter no F.1-16/2007 (CPP-II) dated June 17, 2009 has reiterated the ban on ragging of students in Institutions of Higher Learning. The students are therefore directed to strictly desist from any kind of ragging.
FORMS OF RAGGING
Display of noisy, disorderly conduct, teasing, rough or rude treatment or handling, including rowdy, undisciplined activities which cause or likely to cause annoyance, undue hardship, physical or psychological harm or raise apprehensive fear in a fresher, or asking the students to do any act or perform something which such a student will not do in the ordinary course and which causes him/her shame or embarrassment or danger to his/her life, etc.
WAYS TO FILE A COMPLAINT
- Report to the committee member about such an event.
- Fill a form available in the college office or can fill a form available on the college website.
PUNISHMENT FOR PARTICIPATION IN/OR ABETMENT OF RAGGING:
- Cancellation of admission.
- Suspension from attending classes.
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits.
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process.
- Withholding results.
- Debarring from representing the institution in any national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
- Suspension/expulsion from the hostel.
- Rustication from the institution for periods varying from 1 to 4 semesters or equivalent period.
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution.
COMPOSITION OF ANTI RAGGING COMMITTEE
- Principal – Chair Person
- Senior Faculty – Convener
- Other Faculty – Member