IRB Scholarship Endowment Fund
This initiative by the Rajasthani Sammelan Education Trust has been instituted for a student to further his/her education. Scholarships are awarded on various criteria usually reflecting the values and purposes of the Institution or the donor of the award.
The objective of the IRB Scholarship Endowment Fund is to encourage young students with potential. The students benefit from scholarships because their abilities and academic performance are recognised. The institutions and other students gain from the contribution made by students who are academically gifted or who have outstanding all round skills. From a parents perspective, it is seen as an opportunity to ensure that their child can be enrolled in an institution that will nurture his/her special attributes.
Scholarship is a merit-based award that recognizes high academic achievement within the individual institution. The Scholarship will be awarded annually by the Office of Rajasthani Sammelan Education Trust on recommendations from the Head of School/ College
CRITERIA FOR AWARDING SCHOLARSHIPS BY THE INSTITUTIONS ARE:
- Eligible students must be enrolled as full-time students
- Overall academic performance and future potential of the student
- Leadership abilities
- The student should have demonstrated an inclination towards community service
- Students must have defined minimum percentage of attendance
- The Scholarship may be adjusted based on receipt of other tuition awards ( if any)
- No demonstrated financial need required to be eligible for the scholarship
- Scholarship is in the region of tuition fees only
The IRB Scholarship Endowment Fund has been set up with an initial contribution of Rs. 101, 00,000 (1.01 crores). This amount is set aside to fetch returns which would provide the scholarships to the most meritorious students across all the institutions of Rajasthani Sammelan Education Trust.
Respective institutions of Rajasthani Sammelan Education Trust have a sub-committee to recommend the names of the students. Based on the recommendations, the students would be awarded the scholarship on the criteria as defined.The Sub-committee consists of the following members:
- Head of the Institution
- Head of the Faculty/ Program / Course co-ordinator
- Two Faculty Members
- Recommendations are made to the Managing Committee of Rajasthani Sammelan Education Trust, headed by the President, Hon. Secretary and rest of the office bearers.
IRB Scholarship Distribution Program 2014:
The first Scholarship function was held on 2nd August 2014 at the Durgadevi Saraf Hall in the presence of students, teachers and parents of the students who received the award. Mr. Madhav Kale, Head- Corporate Strategy & Planning was the representative member from IRB Infrastructure Ltd. during the Scholarship function. 36 students from all the institutions of Rajasthani Sammelan Education Trust received the Scholarships based on their academic performances. In some institutions, the scholarships were given on the basis of their academic performances at the undergraduate level. Students were presented the scholarship cheques along with Scholarship certificates. In some institutions, the meritorious students from the aided section of the institutions were also presented with Tablets to make them digitally empowered.