The Rural Immersion Programme for PGDM students has been designed to help students understand these changes in the distribution and consumption of media. This will enable them to develop media strategies in their profession later.
- On an average, there were 40 households per village, with population of 400 people.
- No newspapers are delivered to any of the villages in the area. The only newspaper that the villagers can get is when someone visits the nearby town of Khed, or through teachers who come from Satara.
- Many homes have television. However, most people watch entertainment programmes. The men sometimes watch news.
- Few people said that they listen to the radio.
- Though people have mobile phones, there is very poor connectivity. Hence, mobile cannot be considered as a medium.