Middle School Programme
Cambridge Lower Secondary : (Grades 6 to 8)
At MBIS we offer the Cambridge Lower Secondary for Grades 6 to 8. Cambridge Lower Secondary is typically for learners aged 11 to 14 years. It develops skills and understanding in English, mathematics and science for the first three years of secondary education. It combines a world-class curriculum with high-quality support from teachers and integrated assessment. We believe that the middle years are very crucial as they are stepping stones to bigger challenges. During these three years, we guide students to become independent learners and develop their critical thinking skills.
A wide range of study and research skills are introduced to them, so that they are geared for the IGCSE and further education.
A foundation for progression :
Cambridge Lower Secondary provides excellent preparation for Cambridge Upper Secondary and other educational programmes. Cambridge Lower Secondary Checkpoint tests can be used to monitor learners’ readiness for the next stage of education.
External benchmark :
Cambridge Lower Secondary offers Cambridge Lower Secondary Checkpoint test series in the month of April for English, Mathematics and Science. These assessments provide an international benchmark of student achievement, helping teachers to identify learners’ strengths and weaknesses and give advice on progression routes.
The tests are marked in Cambridge and provide schools with an external international benchmark for learner performance. Each learner receives a statement of achievement and a diagnostic feedback report, giving schools detailed information and parents extra trust in the feedback they receive. Feedback report
Schools use the feedback from Cambridge Lower Secondary Checkpoint to make strategic decisions, drawing upon a pool of information and specialist reporting tools that are built into the tests.
The report on a learner gives:
A Cambridge Lower Secondary Checkpoint score for the whole subject
- • A Cambridge Lower Secondary Checkpoint score for each main topic/skill
- • A list of the questions (and the sub-topics/skills) where the candidate’s performance was particularly strong or particularly weak
- • A statement of achievement.
End of series report
The end of series report gives the results of the whole cohort, from all schools worldwide, broken down by age and first language, so that schools can compare their own results with those of similar learners. The report also gives the examiner’s comments on the test.
Subjects offered at MBIS
- • English
- • Hindi / French
- • Science
- • Mathematics
- • Humanities
- • ICT
- • Learning @ the rate of 1 : We at MBIS believe that every child is unique and has a different style of learning. Keeping this in mind we try to cater to the interest and learning style of individual student. We also conduct Extra class for checkpoint subjects- Mathematics, Science and English after school hours for children who might need revisiting the topic.
- • Academic + : Apart from academics, students are exposed to various activities like Yoga, Martial Arts, Physical Education by Marqous Quay, Art and Design, Speech and Drama by Helen O’ Grady International, Graphic and Animation by Giant Wheel and Dance by Shiamak Davar Education. Besides this the students participate in various interschool and inter house events.