As you seek admission to the school repeatedly rated among the top schools in the western suburbs of Mumbai, we would like this process to be as seamless for you as possible.
You may choose to fill an online application form and visit the school or visit the school, make up your mind and then fill in the form. In this process you will be guided by our Admissions officer who will take you through the academic as well as co-curricular offerings at MBIS. A tour of the school facilities will give you an idea of the state of the art and child friendly environment in which we impart education.
Once you make up your mind, you and your child will meet with a panel comprising the school’s senior leadership team who will look into the academic and other credentials of the child before offering admission.
You will then be required to submit documents that include:
- Birth Certificate
- Proof of nationality of child and parents
- Three passport size photographs of the student
- Previous school reports/transcripts (original & a photo copy)
- Previous School Leaving Certificate / Transfer Certificate (Original)
- In case of foreign nationals, passport, copy of the parent and child with VALID VISA for stay in India.
MBIS is an inclusive school and welcomes parents and students from a wide range of socio-cultural, religious and economic backgrounds. The main criteria for admission is the student’s ability to access the curriculum and extra curricular activities that are offered.
The early years encompass Nursery, Jr Kg and Sr Kg. Admission to these entry point grades at MBIS is based on an interview with parents where we ascertain their understanding of our programmes and the child’s developmental milestones. Our counsellor and coordinator also observe the child during these interactions.
The Primary Years comprise of Grades 1 to 5 and, in addition to the interview with parents and the child, admission to these grades is based on our assessment of the child’s level of English language acquisition and mathematical skills. This may be ascertained by administering a test. Performance in the last school attended is also an important consideration.
The secondary section comprises of Grades 6 to 12. Admissions to this section is determined by the child’s past record as well as our assessment of the student’s ability to access the Cambridge and IB curriculums. This may be determined by administering a test for English language and Maths.
An institution that values long term collaboration with it parents and students, at MBIS we offer a range of fee concessions. These include concessions on admission fee, a loyalty programme concession and awards to high achievers.
- Siblings - 50%
- Single Parent - 35%
- Army, Navy, Air Force - 35%
- Goregaon Sports Club - 25%
- New residents with a registered lease agreement within 12 months - 25%
MBIS loyalty program - Tuition Fee (AY 2020-21)
- Early Years (Nursery to Sr.KG) will be Rs. 4,04,076/- (if the entire amount is paid in advance).
- Primary Years (Grades 1 to 5) will be Rs. 10,99,300/- (if the entire amount is paid in advance).
- Middle Years and IGCSE (Grades 6 to 10) will be Rs. 15,00,000/- (if the entire amount is paid in advance).
- IBDP (Grades 11-12) will be Rs. 9,25,000/- (if the entire amount is paid in advance).
Scholarship for Grade 11th and 12th (IBDP Programme)
- Students who get 90% or above would be eligible for the IBDP scholarship.
- 90% or above students would be given a scholarship of 1,00,000/- per year (Grade 11 & 12)
- The above mentioned scholarship is given by MBIS to their students who have excelled in academics.
For Students from other schools: