Since career development is a lifelong process, Career Counseling can be appropriate for anyone, including freshmen, juniors, seniors, and even alumni. The earlier you get started making intentional decisions about your future, however, the better prepared you will be!
Below are some examples of concerns that bring students to Career Counseling:
Exploring Career and Major Options
- I have no idea what I want to do with my life."
- I don’t know what to major in."
- I’ve narrowed it down to a couple career options, but I’m having a hard time choosing between them."
- I know what I want to major in, but I have no idea what I want to do once I graduate."
- I know what I want to do, but I’m not sure what the best major would be."
- I want to know what kinds of jobs I can get with my major.
- I don’t feel like I know enough about all the different careers out there to know what I want to do."